Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 24th Alpenglow and the 4-D Man



Our first day of real relaxation in a while. I (Kathy) lived in Bend about ten years ago, so much of the next few days is going to be revisiting places I remember, and a few I have forgotten about. It is bright and sunny today and all our stuff is drying out. It's great! We went into Bend to get breakfast at this great little restaurant called The Alpenglow. They use all local meats, eggs, and veggies. Nothing is canned or frozen, its all fresh. A little expensive but really good. After that there was a little bit of window shopping but we soon found ourselves back at camp reading our books. After a good long read we headed out to see a cool waterfall that were a few miles outside of town. They were great! One of the nicest things about it was there was hardly anyone around. Being alone while admiring waterfalls has been a rarity, since we've stopped at some pretty popular places. (pic) Again we went into town to get some food to make for dinner and to find a few odds and ends. We came across a cool little record shop and stopped in.
This is where I, Josh, found the coolest thing ever! There in the, I kid you not, Super Discount Bin was a copy of The 4-D Man on DVD (for 3 dollars! kathy adds). For all you folks that have been following along know what I'm talking about. For those of you that haven't read the July 22nd entry.
We then got some ice cream and headed back to camp. We have a big day tomorrow. We are getting up early to go white water rafting. Early as in six am. And we're waking up to a watch alarm. help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to borrow/watch the movie. I must have been too young to see it HA HA
Kmom
josh I don't know if your mom's posting so I have become kmom